Earlier this morning, we recapped the visits of the previously committed 2015 recruits. In this second tweet-cap, not only do I break down the visits, but I'll even try to handicap the odds of a commitment from each prospect.
- Steven Clark, DT, Brindlee Mountain HS - Clark's visit went extremely well, and you can find some of his family's thoughts over at syracusefan.com.
Syracuse is treating me great gotta lot to think about— Steven Clark (@SLClark7250) December 6, 2014
Steven took in the basketball game with the rest of the recruits, and then for the best part of official visits... bible study with potential teammates.
Man this night was crazy! I love it up here— Steven Clark (@SLClark7250) December 7, 2014
Clark was apparently impressed that we rolled out the Orange carpet for his visit...
Heading out had one heck of a time this place treated me well! pic.twitter.com/1M15WQzXjq— Steven Clark (@SLClark7250) December 7, 2014
So is a commitment likely? I'd say yes. Obviously his visit went really well, and the Orange appear to be his best option at this time.
-Jazzee Stocker, S, Coatesville Area HS - Stocker had a great visit, but his twitter is protected so I can't post a tweet here. The Orange are definitely in a great spot for Stocker, but we'll still be fighting with Pitt. I think we might have a slight lead however. 55/45 Cuse in my eyes.
- Doyle Grimes, LB, South Dade HS - I tweeted that I fully expect Grimes to recommit to Syracuse in the coming days, but we'll see what happens. He thoroughly enjoyed his visit, where he was hosted by Antwan Cordy.
We got my Brother in cUse Right now @MealTicket__ my Day1 since we was Little kids.— Antwan Cordy (@CORDYKID1) December 5, 2014
MEALTICKET!!! pic.twitter.com/dQMvcMZxoL— Doyle Grimes1⃣ (@MealTicket__) December 5, 2014
While it's not much, I think it's all pointing Orange at this point for Grimes.
New York with it !— Doyle Grimes1⃣ (@MealTicket__) December 5, 2014
Watch this space...
- Matt Keller, LS, Penn Manor HS - Keller committed to the Orange on his visit, and is expected to compete for playing time right away. His commitment article is HERE.
Had a great time at Syracuse this weekend with the fam!! #Cusee #Officialvisit pic.twitter.com/Z6tBUNte9G— Qaadir Sheppard (@HoopLife_Q13) December 8, 2014
Sheppard brought up the whole family, which is always encouraging, and also tweeted this while on his visit, which has to bode well for the Orange.
I really can't wait to play college ball— Qaadir Sheppard (@HoopLife_Q13) December 8, 2014
The Orange are on top for Sheppard's services right now, but he still has a few more officials to go. I think right now we're the favorite for his signature, but things are always fluid so this one might take a while.
- Amir Ealey, DE, Coatesville Area HS - In what may have been some gamesmanship, Louisville offered him the day before his OV here. There's nothing on his twitter about how his visit went, but he's another kid who will take his other official visits before committing. However, if Stocker commits I'd raise our odds a bit higher. I'd say 40% Syracuse right now.
- Jon Crawford, S, Largo HS & Donovan Hale, QB, Largo HS - The two prospects were hosted by former teammate Cordell Hudson on their officials, and it looks like it was a solid weekend for both.
Had a great weekend with the homies @DonHale96 & @Jon0096 !✊— C'Dell (@DellyDubZero) December 8, 2014
Crawford also shared this a few hours ago...
Cuse— Jonathan Crawford (@Jon0096) December 9, 2014
I still have no idea if the Orange are recruiting Hale as a QB, but Crawford is definitely still one we're after and this visit definitely helped. I'd say we have a great chance there as well.
- Tyree St. Louis, OT, IMG Academy - This seemed like an interesting prospect to get to visit before we knew the full story, but St. Louis and walk on Center Donnie Foster were former roommates at IMG, and that's how we got in the door. You can read more about his visit from Mike McAllister, and, not surprisingly, unless something happened drastically at the U, he won't be coming to Syracuse.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All in all, however, this should be a very successful weekend for the Orange. They solidified their commitments, and made a great impression on those visiting for the first time. I think out of this weekend we'll probably see 4 commits in addition to Keller. It might not be instantaneous, but the 2015 class is definitely trending upwards.