Oh boy. Yesterday was a frightening ordeal for Orange fans. As you'd guess in these situations, the game was also frightening -- and highly frustrating -- for Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim. No, it may not touch some of his better post-game press conference moments, but still some inherent comedy in his delivery late Sunday. Let's be honest: like you, Boeheim is a Syracuse basketball fan in some way, and to watch mistakes at several critical moments is maddening. To deal with this, you're either going to yell and be angry, or you're going to laugh. Late-career Boeheim has chosen to make us laugh with his anger and exasperation, as you already know and will see below:
Among many key takeaways, my biggest one is what you see in the title:
Jim Boeheim can not coach catching the basketball (at this stage)
This is true, but it gets me (and maybe you) thinking... what else can't Boeheim coach? Some ideas:
- Cooking "better" Italian food than Delmonico's
- Turning on a computer (or owning one for that matter)
- Ordering at Denny's (out of spite)
- Complimenting the San Antonio Spurs' Danny Green
- Watching a Food Network show other than "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives"
- Enjoying world travel
- Leaving New York state for a non-conference game (#narrative)
- Losing to Florida Gulf Coast in the first round of the NCAAs
Anything else? Jim Boeheim, man of many talents, obviously can't coach EVERYTHING. Add to his small list of "shortcomings" below.