Welcome to the latest installment of TNIAAM's weekly podcast, Atlantic Coast Convos. During the offseason, we'll be previewing the conference's other 13 football teams, while helping Syracuse fans get more familiar with our new conference rivals. While this podcast does share its name and author with the blog Atlantic Coast Convos, the two are separate entities. Hopefully that helps clear up some confusion!
In this week's podcast, John Cassillo and Dan Lyons discuss Virginia football and why the scheduled so aggressively this year (and why the ACC really screwed them over the final five games). Virginia's in the Coastal Division, so Syracuse won't be playing them all that often. But things like this let us pretend we are! Some of today's other specifics included:
- The inverse relationship between recruiting success (high) under Mike London and wins (low)
- The tire fire that is Maryland's athletic department (read this Washington Post piece)
- Why a new Syracuse football stadium would end up going poorly (right now, anyway)
- The upcoming concerns regarding college football TV revenue and attendance figures.
- Virginia's schedule is really terrifying for them. Just look.
- John recaps his recent honeymoon, devolving into a beer discussion which leads us too...
- This week's favorite beer choices: You can also follow John and Dan on Untappd!
Plan accordingly: This podcast is over an hour long. Zero guarantees on how much time we spend talking about Virginia, though. To be honest, there may be an equal or greater time spent laughing at Maryland. It's just so easy...
If you haven't yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
You Missed It!: TNIAAM Podcast with...