Welcome to the latest installment of TNIAAM's weekly podcast, Atlantic Coast Convos. During the offseason, we'll be previewing the conference's other 13 football teams, while helping Syracuse fans get more familiar with our new conference rivals. While this podcast does share its name and author with the blog Atlantic Coast Convos, the two are separate entities. Hopefully that helps clear up some confusion!
In this week's podcast, John Cassillo and Dan Lyons discuss North Carolina football and how the Tar Heels may end up meeting those lofty expectations this year. No, Syracuse doesn't play UNC this season, or very often (/Coastal'd), but as conference-mates, we should really learn a bit more about what makes this iteration of the team tick. Some of today's other specifics included:
- Can A.J. Blue replace Giovani Bernard in the North Carolina backfield?
- Why there's absolutely zero value in playing games against the American Athletic Conference
- Alabama just needs to quit being so good at football
- Oklahoma State v. Oregon: the title game we've all wanted for years
- UNC and its "sleeping giant" status: If a "giant" is always asleep, aren't they just dead? (Hi, Rutgers!)
- More extensive talk about the East Carolina Pirates (two weeks in a row now!)
- This week's favorite beer choices: You can also follow John and Dan on Untappd!
Plan accordingly: This podcast is 55 minutes long. No guarantees on how much of that actually focuses on North Carolina, however. Tangents galore in this one -- especially the final 10-15, which have nothing to do with the Tar Heels whatsoever.
If you haven't yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
You Missed It!: TNIAAM Podcast with...