During the Syracuse Orange's 66-60 win over the California Golden Bears in the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, a fire ripped through the home of Michael Carter-Williams, where his family was watching him play.
Thankfully, there were no injuries and everyone got out okay.
Flames began shooting through the roof of the Cutler Road home of Mandy Carter-Zegarowski, the mother of Michael Carter-Williams, at about 10:30 p.m.
"Thank you everyone. Everyone is fine which is all that matters. I appreciate everyone’s prayers and concerns," she wrote.
The fire started around halftime of the Syracuse - Cal game, though the cause has yet to be discovered.
There's video of the blaze here. The damage inside is described as 'extensive."
Thanks for the prayers everyone all thats important to me is my family is okay— Michael Carter-Willi (@MJCWilliams) March 24, 2013