You know, you're gonna miss the BCS when she's gone. There's nothing quite like having a convoluted, nonsensical, arbitrary system for determining a National Champion to make you truly appreciate something like the NCAA Tournament.
So naturally, it makes one wonder...what if the BCS ran college basketball as well as college football? What kind of post-season exhibition games that mean nothing would we have to look forward to? And who would play in the BCS National Championship Game?
First, some ground rules...
- We'll use the 2012-2013 bowl game schedule.
- We'll try to stick to the actual NCAA Tournament 1-68 seedings when possible.
- Same rules as football, BCS Conference champions get auto-BCS bids. At-large bids determined by any non-BCS teams highly ranked and remaining at-large teams.
- I will try my best to stick to bowl-conference affiliations without getting too crazy.
- Mid-Major bowl affiliations will be re-imagined amongst the different conferences in basketball.
- Keep the same order in which the bowls are played.
Note 1: As dumb as this all way, remember, this is exactly how we have been determining our football national champion.
Note 2: I swear I didn't put Pitt in Birmingham on purpose, it actually worked out that way. Amazing.
Note 3: See the 2011-2012 season results here.