As if there was any doubt, Syracuse Orange QB Ryan Nassib was named Big East Offensive Player of the Week following a performance against the Northwestern Wildcats in which he broke just about every passing mark ever invented.
Okay that's a bit of a misnomer, but, he did break a whole crapton of records:
- Set the Big East Conference and Syracuse school record with 66 completions.
- Set the Syracuse school record and tied the Big East record with 45 completions.
- Set the Syracuse school record with 482 passing yards in a game (8th in Big East history).
- Set the Syracuse school record with 512 total yards in one game.
- Tied Marvin Graves for 2nd all-time in Syracuse passing TDs (48).
The history of Syracuse quarterbacking is rather top-heavy, with folks like Donovan McNabb, Don McPherson, Marvin Graves and Bernie Custis basically dominating all categories. Still, we've got quite a bit of history and years behind us. I don't care if the offense is more catered for a guy like Nassib to break these records, it's still damn impressive.
Keep it up, Ry-Ry.