The Syracuse Orange and West Virginia Mountaineers will show down on Saturday in the Pinstripe Bowl. Before they get there, both teams have a lot of stuff to do. Here's what they did Thursday.
The day began with Ryan Nassib and Geno Smith ringing the New York Stock Exchange opening bell. A lot of people from both teams and schools were on hand but guess who was front and center when it happened?
And in case you weren't clear, check out these photos as well as these.
Good work, DOC Gross. Good work. We expect nothing less.
The team also had a practice at Columbia and took a very solemn trip to the 9/11 Memorial as is required.
What else is going on Pinstripey?
- The mayors of Morgantown and Syracuse made a wager against one another.
- Jeff Braun will start at center for West Virginia on Saturday. Let's all get Jeff Braun.
- Familiarity breeds rivalry between these two...
- Get your fix of fancy stats headed into the bowl game.
- The SU defense is all about preparing to slow down Geno Smith and the WVU offense.
- SU students revel in the chance to see their team play one more time...in NYC.
- 75 percent of WVU players had not previously visited New York City before this week. Seems right.