We already knew about the stupidity that is not having Syracuse plays Georgetown twice this season (but make sure Rutgers vs. Seton Hall is intact). The Big East also released the full home-and-away schedules today so we can see the full picture.
Here's how Syracuse's schedule shakes out:
Home: Connecticut, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, Pittsburgh, Providence, Seton Hall, USF, West Virginia
Away: Cincinnati, Connecticut, DePaul, Louisville, Notre Dame, Providence, Rutgers, St. John’s, Villanova
- At least we get the Georgetown game in the Dome, though that's small consolation for DC-based Cuse fans.
- Glad we at least Louisville at home, but can we take a break from playing them in Louisville? Haven't we paid enough?
- Hi Marquette. Welcome back to the Dome. We owe you one. Two, actually, but we'll start with this one.
- No trip to Pitt. That's good.
- No Villanova in the Dome. Seems wrong at this point.
- "Road" games at St. John's and Rutgers that we won't get credit for, so that's always nice. Also means multiple trips to MSG this year once you include the Preseason NIT as well.
- Oh goodie...a trip to DePaul.
Check out the full list of home-and-aways for the Big East. Any additional thoughts?