Dropped Out: Hawaii (#21), TCU (#23), Missouri (#25).
I made the move. I committed the cardinal sin of polling. Don't punish a team for having a bye week. Well I thought about it...and I still put LSU ahead of USC. The term "nasty" gets thrown around a lot . But that LSU defense truly is nasty. And I know USC's only played one game but so far, there isn't any team with a higher "pee-your-pants-if-you-have-to-line-up-across-from-them" factor than LSU*
*That's an official stat.
- I don't usually like to punish teams severly after a win but...Louisville deserved it.
- How does South Florida not get more consideration overall? Said it before, if a school from the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 or Pac-10 did what they did this past weekend, they'd all be ranked.
- I think beating us was no great shakes but beating Boise State gets Washington back in the rankings.
- And again, I know Hawaii won but I'm going by the "Could they beat any other team in the Top 25?" thought and the answer is no. They're out.
- The official BlogPoll will be out Wednesday morning.