Whew. That was the collective thought of Syracuse Orange basketball fans everywhere when they heard that Chris McCullough, the five-star incoming recruit for Boeheim's crew, qualified academically to attend SU last week.
You can imagine that was McCullough's first thought as well. The phenom, whom many are assuming will be, at-worst, a two-and-done talent for the Orange, is excited to put his academic issues behind him and focus on the task ahead.
"I was anxious to get my score back,'' McCullough said. "I knew I did good on it. My mom and everybody were telling me I should do good on it because I studied for it.
"I'm looking forward to getting up there and knocking out these summer classes,'' he said. "I want to get my workouts in and get ready and get better on the court.''
McCullough is enrolled in summer classes at SU so he won't get much of a break from the academic challenges. Nor is he putting the brakes on playing ball. He spent this past weekend playing in the Mary Kline Classic alongside a bunch of (possibly) future Orange teammates.
Chris spoke to Syracuse.com after the game. He's not a big talker but that's okay. We'd much rather he focus on hitting the books and the rim.
- Four-Star Center Moustapha Diagne Officially Selects Syracuse At The Mary Kline Classic
- Syracuse Basketball: Chris McCullough Qualifies Academically
- You've Got $15, Make Your Own Syracuse Basketball Starting Lineup
- Syracuse Daily Links - Diagne Expected To Choose Orange
- Get To Know Your Orange Man - #31 FB Clay Cleveland