If there's one area the Syracuse Orange football team doesn't need unnecessary issues, it's the offensive line. When word came down that starting right guard Ivan Foy was suspended from the squad over academic issues, that felt like a rather unfortunate and unnecessary issue. Thankfully, that issue has been put to bed.
Ivan Foy, a returning starter along the offensive line who missed the spring while serving a suspension, has been cleared to return for summer workouts, according to head coach Scott Shafer.
The 6-foot-4, 313-pound redshirt junior started all 13 games at right tackle for Syracuse last season.
Hooray for everyone! Foy's return ensures that SU is very strong at the tackle spots (with Sean Hickey over on the left side). Now let's just sort out the rest of the line so we don't have to worry about it as much as we're worried we'll have to worry about it.
- Get To Know Your Orange Man: LB #58 Hernz Laguerre
- Mike Hopkins Reportedly Passed Over For Oregon State Head Coaching Job
- Syracue WLAX Advances To Final Four With 11-9 Victory Over BC
- 2014 NCAA WLAX Tournament: Syracuse Orange (19-2) vs BC Eagles (15-5) GameThread
- Syracuse Daily Links - Kaleb Joseph Is 'Not Tyler Ennis', Terrel Hunt Makes The Cover