The Syracuse Orange men's lacrosse team had the weekend off but they were able to bump up in one of the polls nonetheless. The Orange moved up one spot in the Coaches Poll and are now No. 7 in both the Media and Coaches Polls.
College Crosse has the full poll breakdown right here.
The top seven is exactly the same in both polls with No. 1 Loyola, No. 2 Duke, No. 3 Maryland, No. 4 North Carolina, No. 5 Denver, No. 6 Cornell and the Orange. Other ACC schools in the rankings are Virginia (8/10) and Notre Dame (10/9).
The Irish are reeling at 4-4 following a second-straight loss. Meanwhile, there are no more unbeatens out there following Cornell's loss to Harvard. The Big Red will have a chance to right the ship when they host the Orange on Tuesday for a big-time Upstate NY showdown.
Meanwhile, the Syracuse women's lax team maintained it's No. 3 spot in the polls after an 18-4 beating of Virginia Techon Saturday. The Orange are also No. 1 in RPI and No. 3 in the overall computer rankings.
Huge game for the Orange this Saturday when the No. 1 North Carolina Tar Heels come to town. The winner very likely grabs hold of the top spot in the following week's poll.
- HopkinsWatch: Syracuse's Mike Hopkins Not Under Consideration For Cal Job
- 2014 Final Four: Oh, What A Difference A Year Makes
- Doug Marrone & Mike Williams, Together Again (Until Something Goes Wrong)
- Jim Boeheim & Why No One Should Ever Be Honest About Anything
- Should He Stay or Should He Go - The Great Jerami Grant Debate