A little later than originally planned, it sounds like construction of the $13M, 102K sqaure-foot indoor practice facility will get underway in a few weeks.
"We're still a few weeks away," said Joe Giansante, chief of communications for the SU athletic department. "We're hoping to get started as soon as possible."
Syracuse was hoping to have construction underway sooner but various permitting, code and land use issues needed to be resolved. Giansante characterized those as "little details."
The target date for completion, recently said to be by the time fall practice convenes, remains.
"Once it starts, it's going to go up really quickly," Giansante said. "You'll be shocked."
Syracuse is apparently bending time and space to get this facility open in time for fall practice. The original announcement said it would take eight to nine months to complete. Now they're implying it will take three months.
Good luck with that.
Original plans also called for the facility to be more expensive ($17M) and smaller (82K sq. ft.), which may be part of the reason the timeline has changed.
Once completed, the facility will have room for a regulation football field, lacrosse field and soccer field.
- Syracuse Football: Talk Of Vanderbilt Series A Bit Premature
- Arinze Onuaku, Donte Greene Taking Part In 'The Tournament'
- 'Cuse Awards Honor, Well, ALL The Syracuse Athletes
- Syracuse Daily Links - Cuse Awards Celebrate SU Athletes Tonight
- Future SEC Football Scheduling: Who Does Syracuse Want to Play?