The first time the Syracuse Orange took on the Duke Blue Devils this season, it ended up being the fourth-largest audience for a college basketball game on ESPN since 2002.
This weekend when the Orange traveled to Durham for the rematch, it was even bigger...
Cable's top sports telecast last week: Syracuse-Duke on ESPN Saturday had 4.2M viewers. Number 2: TNT's Heat-OKC had 3.8M viewers Thursday.— John Ourand (@Ourand_SBJ) February 25, 2014
If #Duke-Syracuse is going to bring ESPN 4.2M viewers, I'd guess the ACC is going to have to find a way to guarantee they place twice yearly— Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) February 25, 2014
And if you don't think the ACC is going to make sure Syracuse and Duke play at least twice a season, you're a crazy person who thinks crazy things.
But Sean, the Big East had plenty of years when Syracuse and Georgetown only played once.
And that's why there's a documentary about the demise of the Big East in a few weeks...
(And no, I am not related to Laura)
- Get Ready For '30 for 30: Requiem For The Big East'
- Jim Boeheim Eliciting Only The Hottest Of Hot Sports Takes
- Syracuse Basketball: Jerami Grant Expects To Be Back For Virginia
- Syracuse Defeats Maryland: Tyler Ennis In Right Places At Right Times
- Syracuse 57 - Maryland 55: Can We Have One Easy Game? Just One?