Here's what's wild about the Syracuse Orange's 67-57 win over Wake Forest on Wednesday. In the first-half, the Orange went nearly five minutes without scoring, didn't see any points from Jerami Grant, Trevor Cooney or Tyler Ennis, and shot 26% as a team. And they led at the half.
Thanks in part to an atrocious three-point shooting night by Wake and Syracuse's surprising ability to rebound, block and generally-control the paint, the Orange moved to 20-0 for only the second time ever and will go into their big showdown with the Duke Blue Devils undefeated.
Tyler Ennis and C.J. Fair were the heroes as Fair kept the Orange in the game when everyone else was cold and Ennis flat-out took over the game in the second half. But don't sleep on Grant, who ended up with a sneaky 10-point, 12-rebound performance.
We've got a more detailed wrap-up coming but in the meantime, here are the user stats from the GameThread. Good work everyone. Big weekend ahead. Rest up.
- Well, That's One Way To Get Syracuse Football Some National Exposure
- Syracuse vs. Duke: So Much Room for Activities!
- Syracuse Sports Make Me Drink: Wake Forest & Duke Preview/Miami Review
- Syracuse University Details Vision For Hall of Languages Retractable Roof
- SU Basketball: Dealing With This Bernie Fine Thing...Years Later