As the Syracuse Orange Football Awards (SOFAs) come to a close, it's time to announce who the very best greatest awesomest senior was on the 2013 Syracuse Orange football team.
I thought it should be Macky MacPherson.
It really needs to be said that everyone thought Macky was recruited as a courtesy. Even if he was good in high school, very few people expected him to become a solid three-year starter and anchor of the offensive line. Plus, he ended up growing some killer Wolverine-like chops. Double bonus.
John thought it should be Jay Bromley.
Smith's a compelling choice here, but Bromley's the glue that held this defense together in the early goings of a weird season.
And everyone else seemed to split down those party lines. In the end we put it to a vote and…
There you go. Congrats Macky, it really is crazy that you ended up being a team captain and anchor. Bring on the next MacPherson...
- Syracuse vs. Duke: The Only Thing Bigger Than The Game Is The Tailgate
- Syracuse Interview Extras: Ennis Praises Other Freshmen; Gbinije On Choosing SU
- Syracuse Basketball Roundtable: Has Dajuan Coleman's Absence Been Good or Bad?
- Syracuse Orange Football Awards Voting: Biggest DABO
- NewSyracuseArenaGate: DOC Gross Wants To Feel The Sun On His Skin