Welcome to the latest installment of TNIAAM's weekly podcast, Atlantic Coast Convos. During the offseason, we'll be previewing the conference's other 13 football teams, while helping Syracuse fans get more familiar with our new conference rivals. While this podcast does share its name and author with the blog Atlantic Coast Convos, the two are separate entities. Hopefully that helps clear up some confusion!
In this week's podcast, John Cassillo and Dan Lyons discuss Duke football, which is apparently a thing. The Blue Devils are in the Coastal Division, so Syracuse only faces them once every six years, but it's still worth taking a look at what they'll look like this season. Duke lost both its starting quarterback (Sean Renfree) and top receiver (Conner Vernon) to the NFL, yet they still stand a good chance of matching last year's explosive passing attack. Some of the specific topics included:
- Junior quarterback Anthony Boone's chances to guide the Duke offense
- How the Blue Devils defense will bounce back from a rough 2012 season
- Remembering the #FunBelt (R.I.P. 2012)
- Getting to the bottom of why Syracuse's personnel uncertainty is viewed as a negative, while NC State's is largely ignored by pundits
- Rehashing just how bad Duke football was before David Cutcliffe showed up
- Talking about a Duke punt from last December
- This week's favorite beer choices (follow John and Dan on Untappd!)
Plan accordingly: This podcast just about an hour long.
If you haven't yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
You Missed It!: TNIAAM Podcast with...