Welcome to the latest installment of TNIAAM's weekly podcast, Atlantic Coast Convos. During the offseason, we'll be previewing the conference's other 13 football teams, while helping Syracuse fans get more familiar with our new conference rivals. While this podcast does share its name and author with the blog Atlantic Coast Convos, the two are separate entities. Hopefully that helps clear up some confusion!
In this week's podcast, John Cassillo, Sean Keeley and Dan Lyons discuss Georgia Tech football, Atlanta's oldest college team (welcome to the FBS, Georgia State!). While Tech's in the Coastal Division, so we'll only face them twice every twelve years, they're actually on the schedule this year (and not again 'till 2020). On this go-around, that matchup's in Georgia, which means some entertaining culture shock for SU fans down South come October. Some of today's other specifics included:
- The deplorable-to-watch triple-option offense Georgia Tech runs
- Remembering (for Sean, anyway) the 1991 college football season
- Otto the Orange's creation story
- Where the borders of Waffle House territory might lie
- How FSU could've run itself out of the ACC by losing to Georgia Tech in the 2012 league title game
- That time Rutgers embarrassed itself by claiming it was a successful football program
- This week's favorite beer choices: Plus follow John and Dan (and soon, Sean) on Untappd!
Plan accordingly: This podcast is an hour and 20 minutes long... maybe 30 minutes of which actually talks about Georgia Tech. But you're here for the off-topic tangents, right?
If you haven't yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
You Missed It!: TNIAAM Podcast with...