OK worst case would have actually been going undrafted, but let's pretend that wasn't even an option.
I'm not here to talk about hurt feelings or the honoring of contracts. But just from a pure football perspective, I think being drafted by the Giants really sucks for Nassib. I saw a post a few minutes ago saying it's good that he won't be thrown to the wolves and can be groomed, but unfortunately, it's basically the worst situation for him to be groomed under.
Here were the options that awaited Ryan on draft weekend:
1. Be drafted as the savior for a struggling franchise. Be expected to start right away on a bad team. Bills, Jaguars, etc.
2. Be drafted in the 2nd-4th rounds by a struggling franchise. Sit behind a placeholder at QB and learn and develop into the eventual starter. Eagles, Cardinals, etc.
3. Be drafted by a good team that has a veteran QB. Sit behind that QB until they are too old and you can take over. Broncos, maybe Saints?, Patriots, etc.
4. Be drafted by a team that has a questionable QB who might be replaced down the line. Hope he falters, and Nassib takes over. Panthers, Chargers, Bears, Rams.
5. Be drafted by a team with a young QB who could be the future, but still could be a bust. Dolphins, Seahawks, possibly the Redskins if RGIII doesn't come back right from injury.
6. Be drafted by a team with an established, Super Bowl winning or caliber QB with multiple years remaining on a huge contract that the team has no plans of moving on from. Giants, Ravens, Packers, Falcons.
I guess it may have been worse if he was drafted by the Colts, but honestly, what's the best case for Ryan going forward? There's no way the Giants are cutting Eli Manning any time in the next several years. The guy won two super bowls already. There's also little chance Nassib will even see the field, as Eli has been incredibly durable. So barring a major injury that takes Eli out for the season (like Brady to Cassel), Nassib is never even going to get to prove himself enough to get a job somewhere else.
This sucks for Nassib. I just feel bad for the guy. Especially considering his hopes had to be up that he would be a franchise guy for a team. Now he's going to have to get lucky to even see the field.