The 2013 Syracuse Orange Blogger (S.O.B.) Awards are here. Honoring the players, coaches, fans and moments from the 2012-2013 Syracuse Orange basketball season, we here at TNIAAM are splitting the process between ourselves and you, the dear readers.
The category up for debate at the moment is Favorite Moment of the Season. Unlike Best Game, this one is about a specific moment in time. Could be a play that was over in a second, could be a period of time following a big win, could even be a moment in time when all felt right in the world.
Some thought-starters include...
- As the buzzer rang in Madison Square Garden following Syracuse's overtime win over Georgetown in the Big East Tournament, ending the rivalry right and proving SU was a team to be reckoned with.
- Watching SU cut down the nets in the Verizon Center after beating Marquette and advancing to the Final Four for the first time in a decade.
- The moments right before the Syracuse-Michigan game, knowing that the team was about to play in the Final Four, one step away from the title game.
- Right after a clutch James Southerland three-pointer (you pick the one).
- Watching Brandon Triche, James Southerland, Griffin Hoffmann and Matt Lyde-Cajuste walk to center court on Senior Day.
- Realizing Jim Boeheim was about to go on an epic rant and settling in to watch the fireworks (see: Katz, Andy; Doyel, Gregg; Prize, Pulitzer).
This is another one that we won't create a poll for. Instead, say your favorite moment in the comments and why. If you enjoy a moment already mentioned, rec it and then write your own comments. We'll tally up all the recs to find the winner.
We'll close voting in 24 hours and tally up the results. The TNIAAM crew will make their own selection and then we'll combine the results to pick our winner. We'll announce the winner in a post next week that includes some of your comments as well as ours.
And so, it's time to decide who you consider your Favorite Moment of the 2012-2013 Season.