Jim Boeheim is taking his fourth different Syracuse Orange squad into the Final Four. But there's more to to the story when it comes to Boeheim and college basketball's grandest stage.
Here are some stats and facts that should drive home just how impressive this run and his career has been:
- This will be the fourth time Jim Boeheim has taken a Syracuse team into the Final Four. 1987, 1996, 2003 and now 2013.
- That also makes him the fourth head coach to make the Final Four in four decades. He joins Rick Pitino, Dean Smith and Mike Krzyzewski.
- Technically-speaking, this is the fifth time Boeheim and Syracuse are in the Final Four together. He was an assistant on the 1975 squad.
- Syracuse also now joins Duke and Kansas as the only schools to have at least one Final Four appearance in every decade since the 70's.
- Boeheim is currently 3-0 in National Semifinals. He is one of six coaches who can also claim that stat. They are Phog Allen, Billy Donovan, Steve Fisher, Ed Jucker and John Thompson.
- The win was Boeheim's 920th all-time, which is obviously 2nd behind Coach K.
- It was also Boeheim's 52nd NCAA Tournament win.
- The win ensured that Syracuse won 30 games for the sixth time under Boeheim (3rd time in four years).