Welcome to TNIAAM's weekly podcast series, Syracuse Sports Make Me Drink. As most of you know, it's tough being a Syracuse sports fan. We're cynical, overly defensive, perpetually pining for respect and as a result, we may have a drink or two (or more). This series plays off that, celebrating the best and worst of being a Syracuse fan each week, while also chatting gratuitously about beer.
This week, John Cassillo and Dan Lyons try to think happy thoughts by recapping the Maryland football game, and Cornell and Fordham basketball games (all wins). We also manage to talk about beer a whole bunch, which softens the feeling of impending doom against Florida State. Some other topics include:
- Maryland fans HATED us this weekend (and that's perfectly okay)
- What positives might we be able take away from the Florida State game on Saturday?
- Rehashing the 2009-10 basketball season (curse you, Georgetown and Butler)
- What if last year's football team had won 10 games (could've happened!)
- What college football team would we root for if not Syracuse?
- Laughing at the Kentucky basketball loss because things like this are fun.
- You can also follow John and Dan on Untappd!
Plan accordingly: This podcast is about an hour and 18 minutes long. There's beer talk, but don't worry, plenty of Syracuse football and basketball talk to fill the majority of the time.
If you haven't yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
You Missed It!: TNIAAM Podcast with...
- Syracuse Sports Make Me Drink, Episode 9: Previewing Maryland/Basketball Season
- Syracuse Sports Make Me Drink, Episode 8: Previewing Wake Forest
- SU Basketball: Talking Hoops With Mike Waters
- Syracuse Sports Make Me Drink, Episode 7: Reviewing the Carnage