Trevor Cooney had a very good game on Friday. The redshirt sophomore scored 27 points and, according to Jim Boeheim, carried the Syracuse Orange to victory over the Cornell Big Red. For his efforts, Cooney has been rewarded with the first ACC Player of the Week nod of the 2013-2014 season.
An ACC media panel voted Cooney the Player of the Week after he scored a game-high and career-best 27 points to help the seventh-ranked Orange defeat Cornell, 82-60 in last Friday’s season opener. The Wilmington, Del., native shot 10-of-12 from the field, including 7-of-8 from 3-point range, and had two assists, three rebounds and four steals in 28 minutes of play. His seven 3-pointers and 4 steals also represented career-high efforts.
If you said something mean about Trevor Cooney last year, you have to sit this season out. Sorry.— Sean Keeley (@NunesMagician) November 9, 2013
More from Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician:
- Report: Syracuse Recruit Chris McCullough Dismissed From Brewster Academy
- WBB: Off the Bench - Syracuse Saved by Career Performance
- Cooney's Career-High "Bails Out" Orange as Syracuse tops Cornell
- It's Always Something: Jerami Grant Sits Out Cornell Game Over Summer League Violation
- Upstate Orange Podcast: Tyler Ennis Or Bust