You may remember these things from Hoya Suxa. They're back, here, for the 2012 football season. We're providing an image -- for your Facebook and Twitter profile pictures -- so that you can participate, however you choose, in our Friday spirit/hate rallies on the Internet during the season. Still don't understand what's going on? Leave a comment and somebody will probably help you out.
TUTORIAL SESSION III: #BEATSBU
Opponent: Stony Brook
Date: September 15, 2012
Location: Syracuse, New York (Carrier Dome)
Twitter/Facebok Profile Image:
- "Yeah, my son's in college. He's at Stony Brook Bowhunting and Detention University. It's prestigious. He's majoring in 'Nugent Studies.'"
- "On the North Shore of Long Island, Stony Brook offers an experience like no other: Exposure to jeans-as-formal-wear locals."
- Ever want to go to a place near New York City but avoid the hassle of, you know, having a great time all the time? I give you Stony Brook.
- Stony Brook seems like a perfect little place to quietly plot against the government.
- How does that Stony Brook alumni cheer go? Oh, yeah: "GIVE ME MY UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK!" Then there's clapping or something.
- The worst part about attending Stony Brook? Cutting the bail bond to leave the dorms.
[Aside: I have no idea where I'm going with this. I've been to Stony Brook only a handful of times in my life, and the number of references I've made to criminal behavior associated with the area seems disproportionate to reality. The place is, however, a haven for folks that have their eyes a little too close together. Whatever.]
- Long Island, in form and function, is New York State's rat tail.
- Long Island's official bird is the 1984 Pontiac Firebird. YEAH, BUDDY!
- New Stony Brook slogan -- "Stony Brook: We exist! (Maybe.)"