We're adding a touch of elegance and class to the 2012-2013 Syracuse Orange basketball schedule with the news that the Ivy League's Princeton Tigers will be traveling to the Dome on November 21.
Coach Mitch Henderson was a member of the 1996 Princeton squad that upset UCLA in the NCAA Tournament. In his first season at the helm, he guided the Tigers to a 20-12 overall record and a spot in the postseason College Basketball Invitational. Princeton lost in the quarterfinals to Pittsburgh, 82-61.
Unlike many of the schools on the non-con schedule, the Orange and the Tigers have a bit of history. They've played 33 times with SU holding a 24-9 advantage. Syracuse has won five straight in the series, which was last played in 2004 (56-45).
So where are we at with the non-con schedule?
- November 1st - Pace (exhibition)
- November 4th - Bloomburg (exhibition)
- November 9th - San Diego State (@ USS Midway)
- November 18th - Wagner
- November 21st - Princeton
- November 25th - Colgate
- November 30th - @Arkansas
- December 3rd - Eastern Michigan
- December 6th - Long Beach State
- December 8th - Monmouth
- TBD - Three unknown Gotham Classic opponents in Carrier Dome (likely 2nd and 3rd week in Dec.)
- December 22nd - Temple @MSG
- December 31st - Central Conn. State
- TBD - Drexel