ST. PETERSBURG, FL - DECEMBER 20: Wide receiver Aaron Dobson #3 of the Marshall Thundering runs 39 yards with a pass in the fourth quarter for a touchdown against the Florida International University Panthers December 20, 2011 in the Beef 'O' Brady's St. Petersburg Bowl at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. Marshall won 20 - 10. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)
The Quest For Beef begins anew in 2012 with the news that the 2012-2013 bowl schedule has been released. With arguably the toughest non-conference schedule in the nation and an roster full of recovering veterans and unknown quantities, it is once again a good idea for SU fans to temper their expectations.
Chances are, we will not be the team to take on Alabama in the BCS National Championship game on January 7th. However, it's no out of the realm of possibility that we'll be taking on Alabama-Birmingham in the Beef O'Brady's St. Petersburg Bowl on December 21.
We came oh-so-close to Beef last year but fell just short.
This time, likely our last chance to taste the beef, we better make it count.
- Beef 'O' Brady's St. Petersburg: Dec. 21, 7:30 p.m., ESPN (vs. C-USA)
- Belk: Dec. 27, 6:30 p.m., ESPN (vs. ACC)
- Russell Athletic: Dec. 28, 5:30 p.m., ESPN (vs. ACC)
- New Era Pinstripe: Dec. 29, 3:15 p.m., ESPN or ESPN2 (vs. Big 12)
- AutoZone Liberty: Dec. 31, 3:30 p.m., ESPN (SEC/Big East/C-USA)
- BBVA Compass: Jan. 5, 1 p.m., ESPN (vs. SEC)
The Discover Orange Bowl, the likely destination for the Big East champion, is set for January 1st at 8:30 p.m.