Hey folks. So, as you know, I'm teaching online courses on blogging these days and I've got one coming up next week. I've included some details after the jump but here's the gist...
WHEN: Wednesday, July 20th (Introduction to Sports Blogging), July 27th (The Art Of Blogging, Promotions, Tips & Tricks) & August 3rd (Monetizing Your Blog, Networks, & More). 6-8pm EDT each night.
WHERE: In a live webinar room, link to be provided.
COST: $100 for live online course, video of entire course and copy of Powerpoint slides from course (Payment plan option very doable, just ask).
WHEN DO I HAVE TO SIGN UP BY: July 20th, but there is limited space in the class so the sooner, the better.
If you're interested in starting your own sports blog, and I think it's the perfect time to do so, I hope to see you in the class. Feel free to email me with any questions. And please do pass along to anyone you think might be interested. THANKS!
The objective of the 3-day online course Sports Blogging 101: How To Start A Successful Sports Blog (Wednesday, July 20th, Wednesday, July 27th, and Wednesday, August 3rd from 6-8pm EDT), is to provide exposure to best practices and rules of the road for professional sports blogging, including strategies for building an audience, maintaining an interested community of fans, how to maximize social media, how to avoid the pitfalls that exist, how to tap into the sport or team you're covering and finding ways to monetize the content you create.
At the completion of this two-part course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to create and maintain a professional sports blog that can be monetized.
- Create valuable and engaging sports content on a consistent basis and share that content across multiple platforms, including search engines, social media, shared links and more.
- Realize the pros and cons of working with one of the many sports blog networks out there, including SB Nation, Bleacher Report, Bloguin and more.
- Manage the needs and demands of an online fan community, including content expectations, commenting, how to handle rowdy fans, social media tools and personal interaction.
- Understand threats involved in creating a public blog and how to manage issues that arise with identity awareness, copyright issues, plagiarism, trolls and more.
- Identify emerging trends in sports blogging and know the best ways to implement them.
For more details and to sign up, click here.