As you know, June 26th is SU Day at Yankee Stadium. As required by law, Syracuse fans shuffle into Yankee Stadium every six months to take in the sights and sounds while the home team beats up on an opponent dressed in purple. In December it was Syracuse football defeating Kansas State and this time it will be the Yankees taking on the Colorado Rockies.
There are so many things you'll be able to do at the game, including:
- Enjoy Old-Timers Day, when legends of years' past return to play ball once more.
- Take advantage of the Malibu Rooftop Deck Picnic Package, which includes your ticket, tons of picnic food and beverages.
- You can also do the Turkey Hill Ice Cream Picnic Package, which gets you a Field Level seat and a fancy picnic including chicken fajitas!
- Get a limited edition hat that has been created just for this event and is only available to ticket buyers.
But what of Mets fans? How can Syracuse grads who bleed orange & blue for their pro baseball team enjoy an event like this? Well I'm starting to hear rumblings about SU Day at CitiField. And even more exciting, I hear that the festivities not only rival the Yankee ones but take it to the next level.
- Enjoy Old-Man Airing His Grievances Day, when Mets owner Fred Wilpon walks around the entire stadium, stopping at each individual person to say exactly what he thinks of them.
- Take advantage of the Bernie Madoff Picnic Package, which gets you a half-eaten package of Utz chips that were pulled out of the dumpster and a year-old Waldbaums-brand soda cause that's all we could afford.
- Limited edition Carlos Beltran, yours to keep*. Seriously, if you want him, take him.
*AS-IS, NO RETURNS