Jim Boeheim's press conference after the Colgate win might not have been the climactic throwndown some expected it to be, but it was exactly what it needed to be.
Jim Boeheim doing Jim Boeheim things and setting the tone for how he, the program and the school is going to move forward.
After trying to make it clear that he wouldn't talk about Bernie Fine and the scandal brewing around him, Boeheim went on to spend most of the presser talking about what's going on. Which is SO Boeheim...
- His reaction to the clearly out-of-town reporter who said, "I spoke to a couple of fans that the program is going to be tarnished for years." This was basically it.
- Q: Is there anything you wish you hadn't said? Boeheim: "No, not really."
- "They usually say it snows too much. I love that. I say, well, if that's the only thing you're worried about, we don't want you here...Those people do not have character. I love it when people negative recruit. We never do."- On whether or not others will use negative recruiting against Syracuse now.
- Q: "How are you dealing with this?" Boeheim: "You’ll have to ask my wife. I don’t try to analyze what I think."
- Q: It looks like there was a seat open next to you? Boeheim: Your powers of observation never cease to amaze me.
- "Our program will be fine. It’s been pretty good for 36 years. We’ve been through a lot of things and we’ll get through anything that happens with our program."