All due respect to Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph and Baye Moussa Keita but the highlight of Friday's Midnight Madness event is officially the Legends Game, featuring some of the biggest stars to ever suit up for the Orange.
And Donte Greene.
The specific team line-ups have been settled and it's time to start over-analyzing how this exhibition will play out.
On one side, Derrick Coleman and Pearl Washington will be co-coaching Laz Sims, John Wallace, Donte Greene, Adrian Autry, Hakim Warrick and Lawrence Moten.
On the other side, Mike Hopkins and Billy Owens will be co-coaching Jonny Flynn, Wes Johnson, Gerry McNamara, Howard Triche and Roosevelt Bouie.
One team will be coached by Derrick Coleman and Pearl Washington. That team will consist of Lazarus Sims, John Wallace, Donte Greene, Adrian Autry, Hakim Warrick and Lawrence Moten.
The other team will be coached by Mike Hopkins and Billy Owens. That squad will include Jonny Flynn, Wes Johnson, Gerry McNamara, Howard Triche and Roosevelt Bouie.
- The first thing I wondered...who's gonna get the biggest pop during intros? Despite all the mega-wattage, it's still gonna be G-Mac. Just watch.
- Gerry McNamara, Jonny Flynn, Adrian Autry and Lazarus Sims all on the basketball court together. It's Mt. Guardsmore.
- If the game is tied with seconds remaining, can Pearl sub himself in for a half-court shot?
- Howard Triche? Are we just letting the relatives of current players play now? (someone whispers in ear). HOWARDS TRICHE IS BRANDON'S WHAT? WHY HASN'T ANY TV ANNOUNCER TOLD ME THIS BEFORE???
- Carmelo Anthony is "planning on coming" but is not confirmed. In other words, he's not coming.
- Andy Rautins and Eric Devendorf.are considered "possible additions" in the coming days. You're gonna tell me Andy and Devo have something better to do?
- What, Dave Bing has more important things to do? Oh, right.
- Early pick? I'm going with Team Hopkins-Owens. I stopped betting against Gerry McNamara years ago.
Who you picking?
Who will win the Legends Game?
Team Coleman-Pearl (48 votes)
Team Hopkins-Owens (154 votes)
202 total votes