- I take for granted that Alec Lemon will make the sure-handed catch in traffic while managing to drop the 1 or 2 easy wide-open-even-my-grandma's weiner dog-could-make-that-catch catch every game. Kind of like how it seems like just about every shooter in SU Basketball history could drain a fade away 3 pt bucket with a defenders hand in his face one minute but then on the next possession clang the wide-open look. But Van Chew? C'mon man, you most of all seriously cannot afford a case of the dropsies.
- Not sure I can justify putting the loss to UL on the defense. We're all terribly, terribly, spoiled to think we will hold every team we play to under 20 points every week. I realize this is the teams strength and all, but every once in awhile, we're gonna get figured out, and that's exactly what happened vs UL. In those situations, we need the offense to more than just move the ball and eat up clock. I'm not saying we need the offense to score a bazillion points (they wont), we just need them to not drop those easy passes, commit dumb penalties or settle for FGs when the defense manages to create a turnover deep in UL territory. All of these things happened vs. UL. No, I think this loss was on offense, defense and special teams. Too many mistakes, too many missed opportunities in all 3 phases of the game. We won't beat anyone left on the schedule that way.
- I think UL fans have to be at least as pleased with Charlie Strong as we are with HCDM. They don't havbe a single bad loss and have been in every single game this year. Given how well they've played in his first year and the recruiting classes UL has had, I'm really not looking forward to our future meetings.
- Rutgers is coming off a loss that will either be a back-breaker or a real piss-off to their season. I think it'll be the latter. I'm still not real impressed with them, but given that way we whipped the snot outta them last year, I think they will be properly motivated for us this week. They also have a had a couple more days to rest and prepare for this game, and their bowl hopes will take a huge hit if they don't find a way to win.
- Aside from Chas Dodd doing his best Troy Nunes impression, who are Rutgers playmakers? We know about Sanu. Who else? Not sure they will have as much success running the ball on us, but, you know they will try to get the ball out of Dodd's hands as quickly as possible, like they did vs USF.
- Special teams needs to be lights out this week. Rutgers can hurt us here. This we cannot allow.
- Any SU fans here making the trip to Rutgers this week? Would be good to see a loud and proud Orange contingent at the game this weekend. Any chance we can get some "Let's go Orange!" chants going? Preferably when the stadium is empty late in the game with SU holding onto a comfortable lead. Let everyone know that New Jersey and all of their recruits is belong to Syracuse.