A few observations from my seat high above Jim Boeheim Court.
- First things first- the Orange narrowly averted a disaster on a scale not seen since the loss to Drexel in 2006. Recent losses to Rhode Island (2007) and Cleveland St. (2008) would have looked good compared to this one.
- A nice 6 minutes of work from Mookie Jones. 3 points, 2 steals and 1 assist. Bad sign that it wasn't enough to result in any second half minutes in a game where SU couldn't buy a basket.
- Gotta disagree with Coach Boeheim's comment that all 22 of SU's three point attempts were good shots. Scoop rushed a bunch of 3's in the second half and finished 3-10 from long range.
- Safe to say Fab Melo and Dion Waiters will be on campus next year- assuming Dion doesn't take to twitter ala Theodore Jones. Waiters continues to comment how difficult it has been for him to get used to coming off the bench...
"I build off every game," Waiters said. "You’re not going to always play good, but at least bring something to the table. I’m still getting used to coming off the bench. It’s a humbling experience. I never came off the bench. I just have to get myself mentally involved in the bench."
Keita for three?
- Yoda says "...potential matters not. Judge the Orange by their potential, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For their ally is the 2-3 zone, and powerful ally it is. Boeheim creates it, makes it grow. Without it, they are nothing. Shots they must make. For missed shots are the path to the dark side."