SU Frosh RB Jerome Smith is out for the season, requiring surgery on his shoulder, upping the count to 10 players not 4 games in, who are out already for the season, thinning the ranks of an already thin depth chart.
Or, "Ouch, that hurts!"
From Syracuse.com "Freshman running back Jerome Smith is out for the rest of the season after suffering an injury to his left shoulder Friday. Smith was one of 15 freshmen to play for the Orange this season and becomes the 10th Syracuse University player to suffer a season-ending injury. An MRI done Monday revealed an injury to the shoulder joint that will require surgery, according to the SU athletics department."
- Cornerback Ri'Shard Anderson (shoulder)
- tight end Cody Catalina (knee)
- fullback Carl Cutler (knee)
- defensive lineman Ollie Haney (pectoral muscle)
- defensive end Jared Kimmel (knee)
- quarterback Nick Raven (knee)
- wide receiver Steve Rene (shoulder)
- wide receiver Aaron Weaver (knee)
- wide receiver Jarrod West (foot).