Listen to Brent Axe's interview with Coach Mac now. Right now. RIGHT. NOW. When he's not busy breathing into the phone, which is often, Mac is a fireball of fantasticatude. By the end, Brent is a 9-year-old grandchild sitting on the lap of his grandfather, unable to get a word in edge-wise.
- First of all, I'm pretty certain he refers to Brent as Brett.
- Utters the word "jibber-jabber" without a hint of irony.
- Refers to as "the guy from...uh...USC...wherever he, uh...Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs..."
"ESPN1260 is a God-lovely station." Put THAT on your marketing materials.
- Refers to Greg Paulus as "the point guard from Duke."
- Tells Brent "Your too damn young to remember the blacksmiths shops." Yessir.
- "Penn State...what do they call themselves?"
"As soon as we're done with Penn State, we've got those damn Methodists coming from Northwestern." A-MAZING.