The official-ish Syracuse football depth chart is sorted and it looks, well, like a completely different team than the one we started with four months ago.*
|QB||Cameron Dantley||Ryan Nassib||Greg Paulus|
|RB||Delone Carter||Antwon Bailey||Delone Carter|
|FB||Carl Cutler||Daniel Collier||N/A|
|WR||Mike Williams||Mike Williams||Mike Williams|
|WR||Lavar Lobdell||Marcus Sales||Marcus Sales|
|WR||Donte Davis||Donte Davis||Alec Lemon|
|LT||Jonathan Meldrum||Nick Speller||Nick Speller|
|LG||Ryan Bartholomew||Ryan Bartholomew||Ryan Bartholomew|
|C||Jim McKenzie||Jim McKenzie||Jim McKenzie|
|RG||Nick Allport||Adam Rosner||Tucker Baunbach
|RT||Tucker Baumbach||Tucker Baumbach||Jonathan Meldrum|
|TE||Mike Owen||Mike Owen||Mike Owen|
|TE||Nick Provo||Nick Provo||Nick Provo|
|DE||Jared Kimmel||Jared Kimmel||Mikhail Marinovich|
|DE||Mikhail Marinovich||Chandler Jones||Chandler Jones|
|NT||Arthur Jones||Arthur Jones||Arthur Jones|
|DT||Andrew Lewis||Andrew Lewis||Andrew Lewis|
|MLB||Mike Mele||Derrell Smith||Derrell Smith|
|WLB||Parker Cantey||Derek Hines||Ryan Gillum|
|CB||Kevyn Scott||Kevyn Scott||Kevyn Scott|
|CB||Nico Scott||Nico Scott||Nico Scott|
|SS||Max Suter||Max Suter||Max Suter|
|FS||Mike Holmes||Mike Holmes||Mike Holmes|
|K||Austin Wallis||Shane Raupers||Ryan Lichtenstein|
|P||Rob Long||Rob Long||Rob Long|
|LS||Max Leo||Dalton Phillips||Max Leo
*Final depth chart not 100% street legal but based on Marrone's admissions and what we've seen.
- Fullbacks? We don't need no stinkin' fullbacks. With the two who were slotted into the spot now gone and the only active one on the roster a walk-on (Robert Nieves), it looks like the TEs, of which there are a plethora, will split into that spot. Expect to see Provo and Catalina get some looks here or in an H-back set.
- The most consistent unit of the off-season? The defensive backfield. Go figure.
- The least consistent unit of the off-season? The defensive line. Go figure.
- Sir Alec Lemon. Welcome to the front line. We look forward to the many headlines that include the phrase "A Twist of Lemon" that you will initiate.
- Candidate for least-appreciated Orangeman to date? Andrew Lewis. Quietly a starter the entire off-season and I don't think anyone's ever mentioned him.
- Didn't include here but the official PR is Donte Davis and Mike Jones is your KR du jour.
Update: Donnie's article is up and he's all over this Lemon-Drop into the depth chart (sorry).
"He's proven he can do it in practice. He's been very consistent. He's caught the ball over 90 percent of the time. Everybody knows that we chart everything we do in practice. He's shown that he can go over the middle, can make the tough catches, can do a lot of different things. But now, it's a different evaluation. Until you see them do it live in a game, that's the big test. That's what's next for Alec Lemon. But he's passed everyone so far."