None of them have spontaneously-combusted so far...but if I were E.J. Carter I'd stay away from flammable items.
Derek Hines' departure makes him just the latest player to briefly take on the position this off-season for the Orange, most of whom have either left the team not long after grabbing the spot. Doug Marrone has been the head coach of SU football for a mere eight months and he's already seen the following weakside LBs come and go:
- Mike Mele (2008 starter) - transferred.
- Dan Sheeran (moved from WR) - quit team.
- Parker Cantey - quit team.
- Ryan Gillum - improved but not starter-material, current 2nd-string.
- Derek Hines (JuCo transfer) - quit team.
- E.J. Carter - Current penciled-in starter.
Good luck E.J. The law of averages says you will survive.