It's not just about the scholarship players in Syracuse camp. Don't forget about the unsung heroes of training camp, practice and jockstrap collection...the Walk-Ons.
Write them off if you like, but consdering how thin Syracuse is at some positions and the fact that we continue to hemmorage scholarship players like a hempheliac, you might just be getting to know some of these guys sooner than you think.
SpazSports was kind enough to inform me a little about our new Syracuse walk-ons and where they've come from, let's take a look:
- James Jarrett, QB (Clinton, NY) - A 6'1", 180 lb three-year starter at Clinton High School, also played lacrosse.
- Ryan Lichtenstein, K (Monroeville, PA), all Syracuse kickers much come from PA now, apparently. Lichtenstein made 61 PATs and 6 FGs last season. Here's some highlights.
- Lonnie Johnson, DB (Liverpool, NY) - Got a star out of Scout, the local product can be seen doing good things here, in the Dome against Mike Paulus no less.
- Adam Harris LB (Towanda, PA) - Put up some decent rushing stats in high school as well as defensive ones, Harris was formerly verbally-committed to Cornell and even played on the roster briefly. Not sure the circumstances for leaving and coming to SU, but we're not gonna turn away an experienced LB at this point.
- Morgan Christopher, WR (Cohasset, MA) - Honestly, I got nothing. Anyone else?
Ollie Taylor, WR (Harvard, MA) - Tayler had received interest from SU, Holy Cross and Dartmouth. A scholarship didn't materialize but he's here anyway. Here's some highlights set to fantastic football music.