Last night I went to the cuse-uconn game in Storrs. It reaffirmed my hatred for uconn
- Ive never seen so many bad drivers. There is one road in, one road out, but everyone cuts the line, cuts you off, just dosent care. I actually got out of my car (because it was stopped traffic) walked up to the guys window and asked him "what makes you think you dont have to wait in line?" he had no response. Proved to be a coward in front of his girl.
- The arena is tiny. Like manley small. Its a shame, big ESPN game and its in a little shit box.
- Props to the brothers of Sammy - between me and my friends, and the 6 of them, we had the entire uconn student section going.
- Everyone at uconn wears basketball shorts year round. Weird.
- UConn had 1 black fan. Im not kidding. ONE!
- During that run, some of those 3s had no business going in. We had some rim out that would have helped a lot.
- Everyone was afraid of their center. Honestly the guy has no offensive game and is not an aggressive rebounder, but no one would go up with it if he was there.
- Johnny never took over. He gets bullied by bigger PGs.
- Andy was off. Still favoring his ankle.
- AO is a wimp. I know hes hurt but the one time he dove for a ball on the ground, it went out and he just laid there.
- Ricky and Kristof! played their hearts out. Jeff Adrien was a non factor.
- There was nothing spectacular about uconn. They are not a great offensive team. They are decent on D. They play good transition, get back but their strength is having a game changer in the middle. They guy cant get a rebount, cant dunk, just blocks shots. I wish AO would have manned up and put him on his ass. The dude is so skinny he looks weak.
- When kristof got hit in the face, I wanted to beat the shit out of that guy. because it seemed, if you were there, like he was trying to send a message.
- UConn fans are not clever in their chants. Not at all.
- At the end of the game, some kids were waiting by the tunnel to scream at the cuse players. Im pretty sure we dont do that, but it showed no class. I personally went over to these kids and said "what the fuck asshole? youre the reason people from CT have a reputation as douche bags. If you do say another thing youll go over that railing." they stopped.
It took an hour to get out of there. Again, everyone inching forward, not letting people merge, rather than just going every other car. Pissed me off.
What I took from this: Im proud to be an SU fan because I believe we have more class than that school. Maybe its because we are a private school, or because UConn is full of the CT DB's who couldnt get into SU. I dont know. I know our players, played with heart, showed class and kept their heads up the whole game.
I was proud to be a cuse fan last night.