Dropped Out: Northwestern (#17), Brigham Young (#19), Boston College (#25).
- I briefly flirted with the idea of putting Utah #1 but I couldn't pull the trigger. That said, I really feel like instead of Florida & Utah being #1 and #2, they are #1.4 and #1.6, if that makes sense. A giant middle finger to the NCAA and the BCS for not having a four-team playoff between Florida, Utah, USC and Texas right now. We need one of those bored multimillionaires to put up some cash for that to happen...now.
- I put USC over Texas because, well, they both played Ohio State and one of them destroyed the Buckeyes and one of them needed a last-minute drive.
- Couldn't drop Alabama too far considering their two losses are to the #1 and #2 teams in the country.
- Utah ends the year #2 and TCU makes it up to #7. Cool.
- Pittsburgh wasn't on my original poll but I put them on last second in what might have been a biased selection over Northwestern. Oh well.