I'm sure you've got plans for THE BIG GAME (since I didn't get the rights to say the actual name, I'm going to play it safe. The NFL knows all.) this weekend . You've got the party. You've got the chips and/or dip. You've even figured out what to do with all those Eagles fans who won't stop whining.
But have you figured out who to root for? Well if you're a Syracuse fan and you don't have a specific interest in either team, guess what...you're rooting for the Cardinals. Here's a handy breakdown of the Cusian ties to each team (courtesy of Brian Bennett and the Daily Orange):
- TE Alex Shor is a Syracuse alum, although don't expect to see this practice squad player in the game.
Defensive backs coach Teryl Austin coached briefly at Cuse from 1996 - 1998.
- Former SU linebacker Reggie Terry is the director of Arizona Cardinals' football administration. He used to be SU's Associate Director of Athletics for Football Operations. I think he might be due a raise.
- Cardinals' scout Quentin Harris was a safety while at SU.
- The voice of the Arizona Cardinals is Dave Pasch, SU grad and former play-by-play man for Syracuse football and basketball.
- Former SU and Arizona reciever Rob Moore now works the highlights on the local broadcast team.
For the first, and probably last time in my life....Go Cardinals!